Friday, April 27, 2012

Quick question regarding Video card Compatibility?

I have a dell optiplex gx280.

It runs either a 250 or a 350 power watt supply, Im getting some stuff upgraded on it since its realitively old. Although i know some information about video cards. im just not really sure which kind of card to order that will be compatible with my computer..

Im really not sure if my power supply has alot to do with the compatibility of the card to my pc



I would really appreciate it if someone could find me a good graphics card in the price range of 20-60 dollars, Please post links THE CARD MUST HAVE A PCI EXPRESS SLOT



SPECS

2.8 P4 hyper threaded

2 Gb RAM

120 HD

PCI express slot

Windows Xp Professional|||PSU Capacity and price range are limiting factors:



These look reasonable:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as…

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as…

Both at excellent rebate prices, for a HD4650 or 9500GT

The HD4650 is a bit down compared to some (only 64 bit memory bus, versus 128), but probably still faster than the 9500GT - the reviews have it as ok with 300W PSU|||Sorry, but a vid. card for that price range won't be possible unless you go to a surplus store. Some of your specs are really out of date.

My opinion, best if you get a new machine.

Hope you won't penalize me for my response. Not trying to "rag" just giving an honest opinion.



Best of luck.



J.|||Any video card will tell you all the info you need in order to compare it

to your system and the most important thing to run a powerful program is to have enough memory installed and large empty space on your disk drive (it's written on each box)

No comments:

Post a Comment