Friday, May 4, 2012

A Question of Video Card Compatibility?

So, for the first time I'm trying to build a computer myself, and I've been chatting with a friend at work and I think I have everything figured out except one thing. I'm planning on using a Micro ATX case because I want to intergrate this new system into my home theater and I want it to be mostly hidden away in the entertainment center.. I was advised that the video card I've selected might not fit into the case I'm looking at.



Does anyone know how I can tell if a video card is going to fit into a microATX case?



If you need it, here is the video card I'm looking at.



http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as…



Any help you can offer would be appreciated.|||get the specs of the case, then the specs of the card. good manufacturers will provide the length of the relevant section of the case on their website. You might want to consider a larger but prettier case such as a thermaltake soprano which is big but nice to look at - it will fit your card. or you could look at getting an 8500gt or something that should fit in the micro atx case - though not as good at gaming it would support blue ray and hddvd etc.|||first, that gpu is way more than you need. second, it depends on the case you choose, some are wider/taller or narrower/shorter (depending on the orientation of the motherboard) and have enough room for full-width cards, others require narrower ones. sometimes the dimensions of the card are listed... sometimes not. contact the manufacturer if you are really in doubt about the card size, then compare that to the case size|||No, it's fine, unless u pick graphic card from GTX series (which is really huge).

No comments:

Post a Comment