Friday, May 4, 2012

Video card compatibility?

I was just wondering if you could SLI two Nvidia cards from different series. I have an 8600GTX in my box right now, and I was looking at a really good deal on a 9400GT and I was wondering if its possible to SLI those two cards together or do they have to be from the same series or something. Thanks a lot everyone!|||No.



For nVidia's SLI, They must be the same model (eg 8600GTX), but they do not have to be the same brand (eg EVGA, XFX).



ATI's Crossfire does not follow these rules, and different models can be mixed together, with the faster card disabling functions to match the slower card.



Also, SLI'ing lowend cards like the 9400 will not give you much of a performance boost. You'd be better off getting one midrange card.|||Ki6 is correct. I currently run 2 SLI'd 6800 GTS cards. Old, but they meet what I do for gaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment