Friday, May 4, 2012

Help with Video Card compatibility, Athlon XP 2100 and mobo.?

Thanks to those who helped me find the best processor for this mobo. Now I need to know what video cards are supported. I have tested a GeForce3 and it works but would like to know if the 6600GT or 6800 will work with this cpu/mobo. I have sent off an email to ASUS and AMD after searching for answers in their FAQ's but haven't heard from them yet.



Here is the setup:

ASUS A7M266 mainboard

AMD Athlon XP 2100+ Palamino core cpu

AMD 761 northbridge

VIA VT82C686B southbridge

2 GIG of pc2100 DDR ram (kingston)

AGP Pro 4x|||Should work but I recommend a 7300 gt it's just as fast as a 6600 gt and can overclock to compete with the 7600 gs given a good brand..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accelerated…

It says Regular AGP cards fit in pro slots.

No comments:

Post a Comment