Friday, May 4, 2012

Video Card Compatibility / Installation Issues?

Hi there, I have just bought an Nvidia GTS 450 and I had hoped to install it into my Pegatron M2N78-LA motherboard (it has an integrated Nvidia Geforce 9100), but whenever I try booting up my computer with the card in, my monitor stays idle and my computer boots for about a minute before it crashes.



Before installing my new card, I went into the device manager and disabled my integrated chip in safemode, powered off my system, and then popped my card in.



A word of note: the first time i tried installing my new Nvidia, I accidentally chose to Uninstall the integrated card on the Device Manager rather than disabling it, but the next time I booted my system without my new card in it, it automatically downloaded drivers for the integrated card and seemingly works fine.



I've narrowed my problem down to two possible options:

1. My new GTS 450 is incompatible with my motherboard

2. The drivers for my new hardware are all f*cked up



If you could give me any advice at all that may help, I would really appreciate it! Thanks in advance!|||Boot into VGA mode, then install the drivers.

No comments:

Post a Comment