Thursday, April 26, 2012

Motherboard and Video Card Compatibility?

I have a Dell 435MT, the board is a Dell Inc. 0R849J A00



I am running a 4850HD, 4gb ram, i7 920, with a small 360watt powersupply



I would like to upgrade my case to a coolermaster Haf 922 or an Antec 900, and upgrade my video card to a 6950 and my powersupply to a antec earthwatts 650 watt.



The motherboards documentation is shown here. http://supportapj.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/435MT/en/SM/techov.htm#wp1194395



I have already been told this is possible for me to do in a previous question I have asked, but I have been told differently, and that's that I will not be able to get a back panel I/O to fit the 435's motherboard configuration.



So, I would like to know if this is possible, and with which case, the Haf 922/Antec 900. I would not like to have to buy a new motherboard at the time being, the card/psu/case is pretty much all my current budget.|||I am leaning towards no. It is not the back panel of the motherboard lining up with the opening on the back of the tower that makes me think no but all the stuff on the front of the new tower that will need to be connected to the motherboard. Power button, headphone jack, mike jack, USB ports, etc. The tower will most likely have a bunch of individual wires for most of that stuff and a 9 pin connector for the USB ports that will need to be hooked up to the motherboard for all those things. The Dell tower looks like it has plastic connectors for all those things that plug into the motherboard. Hope this helps. Good Luck.|||see where that screw hole is at the bottom of the I/O , goto newegg , check out other MATX mobo's and if it's roughly in the same spot it's fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment