Thursday, April 26, 2012

Video card compatibility issue?

I have an asus p5n-mx motherboard which has an nvidia chipset. I bought a radeon hd5670 which unfortunetly seems to have some driver compatibility issue with the nvidia chipset. It causes a boot fail/POST test error. Now considering i can just press f1 and continue to the operating system, this normally would not be a big deal except because of this boot error, my overclocks in my bios no longer take effect when the operating system starts. Now i don't need people telling me "don't overclock blah blah blah" i do it, thats that. What i am asking, is there a way to stop this compatibility issue without buying a new motherboard or video card. I have already tried reinstalling all latest drivers, and flashing my bios. Everything already suggested by others who suffered the problem but with no success. I would appreciate some ideas or solutions if known. side note, this issue seems to happen for alot of people with the 5000 series cards so maybe someone has fixed it.|||Yeah, this is why i bought a GTS250 instead...



Heres an idea, research the cards reliability before buying one. Try send it back and buy an Nvidia card.

No comments:

Post a Comment