Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Video card keeps failing?

Alright, so I'm at my 3rd 8800 GTS now in the past 2 months. I thought that the first problem was basically that they kept fixing the same card and sending it back to me but it would just go bad again. Now, they sent me a brand new card and if I have any game on a high enough resolution for my monitor the video fails. I can run things in lower resolution but at some point the video starts to fail again. Does this issue sound like it's the video card (compatibility issue) or the power supply or what? I'm pretty frustrated with this issue at this point, but I'd just like some outside perspective. Thanks!|||>When you have replaced the same part multiple times and the problem persists, guess what? It's not the part. So my guess is that you have a faulty motherboard and it's burning out the video card. Most likely the PCIe X 16 slot is being overloaded and that means one or more of the capacitors on the board are bad. Replace the motherboard.|||This is a video card related issue, Your power supply or other components would not be responsible for this failure.



Make sure your video card drivers are up to date and that your system meets the requirments for it.



Be sure the game you are palying is compatable as well.



My advice is to invest in a new graphics card and demand a refund.



I work at a computer repair store and I am experienced with these kind of issues.



http://www.campuscomputerrepair.net|||Your power supply may be too low of wattage to fully support your card. Check the wattage and go here to see what power supply you should get:



http://c1.neweggimages.com/BizIntell/tool/psucalc/index.html?cm_sp=Cat32_PowerSupply_left-_-PowerSupplyFinder030510-_-http%3a%2f%2fpromotions.newegg.com%2fproductfinders%2fpowersupply.jpg|||This could be issue due to low resources available with the card in regards to what is required for the game. What I mean here is some compatiblity issues although GTS-8800 is a good card. Since you said that it happens in many games, this issue could also be due to the video card driver, DirectX, .NET framework etc. Please try some of the following:



(A) Try to completly uninstall video card drivers in Safe mode ( press F8 at system startup and choose Safe Mode Option) by gound to control Panel

(b) Back in the normal mode, install the latest version of the card drivers from the manufacturers website.

(c) Also make sure that the onboard graphics is disabled in BIOS (Press F2 at startup to go to BIOS)

(d) Also try some advance settings regards resolution in your Graphic Card NVidia Control Panel.

(e) If you dont have the latest version of DirectX, install it

No comments:

Post a Comment