Friday, April 27, 2012

Video card compatibility?

I was just wondering if my computer would be compatible with a ATI Radeon HD 2600 PRO. I have a Intel Rohaws D915GRO as the motherboard. It has a PCI-e slot and the power supply as a max power of 305W but a max combined power on 5v and 3.3v of 150W. I only have 1 harddrive and 2 filled DIMM slots. So based on those specs do I have enough to use that video card?|||Get an HD3650 card instead.



The HD2600Pro is old-- It is an 80-nanometer GPU that runs hotter and uses more power. The HD3650 is a half-node 55-nanometer GPU and uses a MEASLY 50 watts of power, and runs a lot cooler.



Get the HD3650 and it will work beautifully with your existing power supply. It will perform a bit better than the HD2600 Pro, and cost about the same.



I recommend this HD3650 if you want the more expensive GDDR3, because it has a nice dual-slot cooler that is virtually silent: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as…



If you want the cheaper GDDR2 memory, this HD3650 costs only $60: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as…



(You will note that the HD2600 Pro also has GDDR2 and GDDR3 versions that cost about the same as their HD3650 counterparts).|||Sounds like your PSU is a little on the light side. I run the same video card on pretty much the same board and my PSU is 600w.

No comments:

Post a Comment